Part 46. What Did i Say to My Father -True or Lie

 


With an alien fear in my heart and inner feelings, I reached the check-in counter. My legs gave way as I was very afraid of talking to my father, who controlled everyone in my family all his life and was a very influential and respected person in our caste. 


And most of all I didn’t want him to know about my arrival in Goa, because for him it looked like dithering, like an escape, like a hidden threat to his reputation ... I tried to restart my phone again, and this time it worked ... Plucking up the courage, I called my father, and as soon as he picked up the phone, his first question was: where are you and why is your phone not working? Because of this question, a tingling sensation ran through my body, and for a moment I thought about what to say: truth or lie ...! 


Realizing the situation, I decided to tell the truth that I am in Goa. He got angry about this and bombarded me with various questions, such as: when did you arrive, who did you come with, where did you stay?


 I took my time and began to answer according to the situation. I told him that I came to Goa today with my friend who was my classmate. At this answer of mine, he sighed with relief and said that he should return home without delay tomorrow! 


My father felt that he had momentarily lost control of me and decided to fix everything with his firm and unconditional decision. He could not even imagine that I ran away for love, or maybe he didn’t want to imagine, because for him it was something out of the ordinary, unacceptable, and definitely forbidden. 


Indeed, according to our traditions, only he and his father have the right to choose a bride for me, other options are not considered in our family. Putting down the receiver, I leaned against the wall and wiped beads of sweat from my forehead with my hand. 


After the conversation, I still felt relief, but after a moment a heavy load hung in my heart, as I had to return to our room and tell my beloved girl that I will leave hotel tomorrow. There were 3 days left before her departure ..

NEXT PART

Post a Comment

0 Comments